We provide a range of bespoke STEM-based workshops and hands-on practical sessions using the most advanced and emerging commercial drone technology capable, enabling your students to learn to take off and really fly.
Our sessions can be tailored from KS3 through to KS5 and are suitable for either teaching specific aspects of your core curriculum or as part of a school-wide enrichment programme or activity day. Programming co-ordinates, coding drones and flying them, give students the core skills needed for future careers.
We provide all students with a thorough understanding of how drone technology works and its real-world applications. Students witness at first-hand how the technology that is used commercially and also are able to link this explicitly to their learning across multiple subjects such as Information Technology, Science, Mathematics, Design Technology, Geography, Art & Design.
In addition, we even explore the ethics and legislation of using drones and discuss their future impact on our daily lives.
Sessions typically include:
- A short operator controlled flying session within the confines of the school site.
- Student experience of how drone technology systems and software applications work.
- Designing and completing a drone obstacle course.
Other ways we have incorporated our drones into learning include:
- Using the drone to produce aerial photography and videography for school projects
- Allowing students in Maths to apply their knowledge of trigonometry using the drone
- Surveying the school site and surroundings for Geography fieldwork.
Our drone pilot is fully certified for commercial work by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), holds a current DBS certificate and possesses a recognised teaching qualification. In addition, we can support leaders at your school in ensuring that all aspects of your school governance policies regarding the use of drones are in place prior to any visit.